8.2.11

Skincare: Winter 2011

Morning:


I keep my morning routine quite simple. I wash my face with a little bit of Philosophy Purity Made Simple, a very gentle cleanser that leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. Then I tone my skin with Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Refining Tonic. I don't think it has reduced the size of my pores, but it contains Amazonian White Clay, which does help control oil. Then, I use Kiehl's Abyssine eye cream+ and depending on how my skin is feeling, I will either use Kiehl's Abyssine cream+ SPF 23 or Aveeno's Ultra-Calming daily moisturizer SPF 15. The one from Kiehls' is great for the colder months, but I'll be using the Aveeno moisturizer more as the weather starts getting warmer. Either way, I add a few drops of my sunscreen since I like to have some more sun protection during the day- Lancome Bienfait UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid.

Night:



At night I spend some more time getting my face clean and I use fancier creams. I am a firm believer of cleansing oils to take makeup off, and I have been using them religiously for 5 years. I currently use the DHC Mild Touch Cleansing Oil, but unfortunately this turned out to be quite disappointing. I decided to try it since it was on sale, but my all-time favorite is Shu uemura high performance balancing cleansing oil (I use the pink one called "fresh," which is recommended for oily/combination skin). DHC's oil has a very strong scent, is slightly irritating around the eyes (even though it's supposed to be "mild") and has more of a gel-like texture instead of being an oil.

After I take my makeup off, I usually exfoliate using my Clarisonic Mia with some Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser. About once a week, I use the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser for a deeper exfoliation. I have found that my skin gets irritated if I use it more often than that, and I might try something gentler once I run out of this. About twice a week, I also exfoliate my lips with the Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum, which is super yummy and leaves my lips feeling super smooth and soft. I apply a thick layer of Aquaphor afterwards and I feel like I have Angelina Jolie's lips when I wake up in the morning...well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but still, they feel nice.


After cleansing, I tone my skin with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. Then I apply 2 drops of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate all over my face. Even though this is an oil, it doesn't make me breakout and I find it very hydrating. Then I dot my face with a pea-sized amount of Kiehl's Abyssyne cream+ (without the SPF) and apply Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream. I love all of these products and will probably re-purchase or purchase the full size (the eye cream is a deluxe sample) once I ran out.

e & h

2 comments:

  1. What a great routine you have here! We are happy to see you include the Clarisonic Mia in your nightly routine! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very thorough, and your routine obviously does the trick cause your skin looks very pretty in your photos. :)

    PS, I included you in a little something back on my blog x

    ReplyDelete